Acer Swift 3 (SF314-54-33C7) Power On Issue

prlumayag
prlumayag Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Everytime I turn on my laptop Acer Swift 3 (SF314-54-33C7) from previous shutdown, I need to push the reset battery hole at the back of laptop using my phone's sim ejector pin and wait for another minutes to open again. I already updated my Bios to its latest version 1.16 but still the issue prevails. I've searched related issues on this forum but I could not find concrete solution to this pressing problem. Please help. Many thanks!

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi!!

@prlumayag   

The issue which you are experiencing seems to be due to static electricity circulation within battery & motherboard. As a work around, I recommend you to try Battery Calibration [Conditioning Battery] and then check the computer performance. Follow below steps to condition your battery. 

1. Connect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery.
    2. Turn on the computer and complete setting up the operating system.
    3. Disconnect the AC adapter.
    4. Operate the computer using battery power.
    5. Reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery again.
    6. Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged and discharged three times.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• prlumayag
    prlumayag Member Posts: 7 New User
    Balatekie said:
    Hi!!

@prlumayag   

The issue which you are experiencing seems to be due to static electricity circulation within battery & motherboard. As a work around, I recommend you to try Battery Calibration [Conditioning Battery] and then check the computer performance. Follow below steps to condition your battery. 

1. Connect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery.
    2. Turn on the computer and complete setting up the operating system.
    3. Disconnect the AC adapter.
    4. Operate the computer using battery power.
    5. Reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery again.
    6. Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged and discharged three times.
    Thanks for your recommendation! I will give it a try and will report any findings.