Can I change the screen of my acer aspire a514 by myself ?

PierreCiss
PierreCiss Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, 
Ive just broken the screen of my acer a514 (see by yourself on the picture) so i watched a few DIY videos to see if i was able to change it by myself since i had heard it was quite easy.
I removed the frame around the screen but now there is a "dont touch" sign beneath the screen (again its on the picture)
So I really dont know if i can remove the screen.
Thanks for your help !

Answers

• What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    yes , you can do it.
    behind the screen is the lcd cable connection.

My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • PierreCiss
    Its a514-52-51Y0.
    Ok but what about the "dont touch" sign ? What is it for ?
  • I think it's because of the static energy. However, I have no problem switching the display.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PierreCiss
    Ok thanks a lot, gonna try it !
  • PierreCiss
    Actually i dont think i can remove it because unlike all the DIYs ive been through there is no screw that allows me to remove the screen, as you can see on the pic...
    Ive tried the four at the bottom but the screen didnt move...
    Cant it be repaired ?
  • check here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PierreCiss
    Thanks a lot for your answer but do i have to separate my computer in two parts ? Because else i dont think i can remove the hinge cover...
  • Do you upload a photo of the part you are unable to disassemble?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer