why battery is discharging even while pulgged in?

markgarcia
markgarcia Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. im just new with gaming laptops and just recently bought a helios 500. But i noticed that the battery is discharging even when plugged in. Can anyone help me?

Answers

• Harvey-Acer_Retired
    Harvey-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 330 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @markgarcia

Yes, this is normal for G3-571, G3-572,  VX5-591 and other Helios models.
    When your computer requires more power than the AC adapter can provide, it will stop charging to allow it to draw additional power from the battery. The system will resume charging the battery when the power demands are lower. This may occur during heavy gaming sessions.

If the battery discharges below 30% while using the AC adapter, the system will stop using power from the battery until the charge is above 40% again. :)
    Smile :)
  • Ahmed87
    Ahmed87 Member Posts: 4 New User
    My Helios 300 do the same thing, but now even my laptop is shut down it still charging!!  I never remove the ac from my laptop and now more than 12h still charging ( orange led ) 
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,749 Pathfinder
    Ahmed87 said:
    My Helios 300 do the same thing, but now even my laptop is shut down it still charging!!  I never remove the ac from my laptop and now more than 12h still charging ( orange led ) 
    1. Check for USB power out when turned off - this could be a culprit.
    2. When not using, it would be a better idea to disconnect power.
    3. If you have a smaller power adapter (135W instead of 180W), it would take longer to charge it up fully.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve