Gamma increasing automatically

BijayKShaw
BijayKShaw Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have Acer aspire a515-54G. Everytime my laptop boots up after a few seconds gamma increases. I tried many times to calibrate display and save it but it doesn't help. Please help me.

Answers

• BijayKShaw

Hi,

I understand that display is not working properly.

Step 1

Try Windows + x on keyboard
    go to device manager
    Expand Display adapter
    right click on display driver - Uninstall
    Restart the computer.

Check how the computer is working fine now..

Step 2

Uninstall the graphics driver

To reinstall the driver, you need to uninstall the driver first. You can uninstall the graphics driver via Device Manager. Device Manager is a Control Panel application that allows you to manage devices and drivers in your system. You can uninstall, update or roll back drivers through Device Manager. I’ll lead you through how to uninstall the graphics driver via Device Manager below:

1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key  and R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.

2) Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open the Device Manager window.

3) Double click Display adapters to view the devices in the category. Then right click the graphics card name (for example, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640), and select Uninstall device (in some cases, this could be just Uninstall).

4) On the Uninstall confirm dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option, then click Uninstall.

The option Delete the driver software for this device allows you to delete the driver package from the Driver Store.  If you don’t see this option on the Uninstall confirm dialog box, the driver package may have been removed. In this case, just click Uninstall to uninstall only the driver.

After uninstalling the driver, move on to Step 2 to install the graphics driver again.

Step 2: Install a new graphics driver

Please visit the link to install 

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Step 3

If you face the same problem, we need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue.

Turn off the computer.

Tap f2.   It will go to bios

check how the screen is working on the Bios setup screen.

If the screen is working fine then it is a software issue otherwise it is a hardware issue.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"

If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• BijayKShaw

Tinkerer

It's getting really a headache for me. I've uninstalled the Nvidia driver but nothing changed. Gamma is still increasing. Checked BIOS but what do I have to do there?
  • BijayKShaw

Tinkerer

I have to Reload current calibrations every time.