HOW TO DISABLE ON-BOARD GRAPHICS Aspire X1930

Steadfast
Steadfast Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hello guys.

I have an Aspire X1930 desktop which has Radeon 6450 graphics card and unfortunately it has worn out so I had to replace it with another one.

So it happen that I have 9400GT from my Other PC and I tried to install it already

The problem is the X1930 wont detect the card. Already uninstalled existing drivers but no luck. Also, I cannot modify on board graphics controller which may perhaps causing the issue.

Hope someone can provide any solution for this.

Thank you

Answers

• @Steadfast

Hi,

When you first power on the computer, it will go into a Power-on/Self-test (POST), you'll see text on the screen indicating which key you need to hit to enter the computer's BIOS setup mode.

Please hit the DEL key 

You will need to look around to find the setting for your graphics chip. Look for references to onboard or integrated devices. One you have found the entry for graphics or display device, change the setting disabled or off. Take particular care not change any other settings. When you're finished, choose the exit option that saved the changes you've made.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"

If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Steadfast
    Steadfast Member Posts: 2 New User
    mohan2018 said:
    @Steadfast

Hi,

When you first power on the computer, it will go into a Power-on/Self-test (POST), you'll see text on the screen indicating which key you need to hit to enter the computer's BIOS setup mode.

Please hit the DEL key 

You will need to look around to find the setting for your graphics chip. Look for references to onboard or integrated devices. One you have found the entry for graphics or display device, change the setting disabled or off. Take particular care not change any other settings. When you're finished, choose the exit option that saved the changes you've made.

It's grayed. I cannot change it

• Hi,

Please try this..

Right, enter bios -> advanced chipset features -> Primary Video (this should be set to auto, leave it alone and install your card, once installed the onboard should be disabled and it will default to your new card as the primary graphics card)

After removing the external video card, please check in bios whether the grayed out onboard graphics controller gets highlighted

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Yes, the default settings will automatically disable onboard graphics when a card is recognized during the early tests as part of the POST.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.