Aspire e5 15 es1-523-26ef

Options
roifee
roifee Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi Community,
I recently purchased an acer aspire 15 es1-523-26ef with windows ten. It keeps cutting out in the middle of my work. I run Scrivener (a writing software) and it can't seem to handle it at all. But it cuts out at everything, whether searching on the web, doing emails or word processing. A computer friend said it couldn't handle windows ten and that is was only suitable for school work. Is this correct? I thought with 4 GB Memory and 500 GB of HHd that it would handle wordprocessing no problem. Any thoughts on this or should I just sell it on? Thanks. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    It should easily handle what you're doing. Try an ALT+F10 factory reset as shown in the video below. Then report back with results. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• roifee
    Options
    JackE, thanks for answering. I'll try that.
  • roifee
    Options
    Jack E, Alt plus f10 doesn't work, nothing happens. Tried several times. I wish I had my old HP elite book back.. :s Thank you for trying to help. I'm emptying it out and giving it to my six year old granddaughter to play with. That's all it's good for. So frustrating, cost 385 euro. But Thanks again for trying to help. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Try this. Turn the machine completely off again. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key. The BIOS menu should appear. Go to the MAIN tab and make sure that the D2D recovery option is enabled. Then press F10 to save BIOS menu settings and exit. Then shut the machine off again. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 again. Don't wait for the ACER logo screen to appear as it's usually too late to press ALT+F10 by the time the ACER screen appears. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• roifee
    Options
    Thank you, Jack E. I appreciate you getting back to me. 
    roifee
  • roifee
    Options
    No, Jack e, that doesn't work, but thank you for answering. I have now lost 8,000 words of work and several hours of my time over a few days. The es 15 es1-523-26ef is a horrible machine. I will change it at christmas and do as little as possible of any importance on it in the meantime. Just wanted to put this on record. No more Acer's (of any model) for me.
    Thank you again for trying to help.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I recently purchased an acer aspire 15 es1-523-26ef with windows ten>>>

If it's less than a year old it's still under warranty. The ALT+F10 cold boot reset should work if the D2D option is enabled in the BIOS Main tab. If it doesn't, then  there is a likely hardware issue that should be fixed under warranty. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ