Acer S7-391 keyboard and wifi problem

Options
ayberkk
ayberkk Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I'm writing about a little old product.

I have been using S7-391 for a long time. I changed the keyboard recently. And the problems began:

1- The keyboard lights are off. Even the battery and charge indicators on the front panel do not light up.
2- The system detects the wi-fi card but does not operate it. 

What do you think could be the problem. Could it be because I installed Windows 10?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Options
    ayberkk

Hi,

Please check whether the keyboard, wifi, battery and charger indicators are all working fine after following these steps..

Since you are facing the issue after changing the keyboard, I am suspecting whether it was installed properly.  Sometimes if the cables inside the motherboard are not connected properly then light indicators will not be showing up on the front panel.

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.   

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable. 

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds.  

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..

Step 3

Please try fn + f2,  or Fn + f3 to turn on the wifi.   ( On some models f2 is designed for wireless and for some models f3 is designed for wireless.   You can see the wireless symbol on the key f2 or f3.  Based on the symbol on the function key you can either press and hold the fn and then press f2 or f3 only once to turn on and off the wireless.  It is toggle key to turn on and off the wireless. 

Step 4

Press and hold the windows key and press r
    on the run window - type ncpa.cpl
    You can see icons like ethernet, bluetooth and wifi
    Please right click on wifi - connect
    It will show you the list of wifi networks
    Click on the network which is provided to you by the internet service provider
    Please type the security key 
    It will get connected
    Try to go online

If the comments are helpful please click "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★