Aspire U5-620 all in one-Error code:0x0000221 and power issue?

Dannan
Dannan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm trying to fix a friends all in one. System would not boot, repair or restore. Pulled hard drive and found it to be bad. Bought new SATA SSD hard drive AND fresh new copy of Windows10 home 64 bit because she has no idea where any of her paperwork is. Problem is this error when I try a clean install of windows.
File:\window\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
Error code:0x0000221
Now, I know all about how to install windows, choosing the correct boot device, choose UEFI etc. Everything this error points too has been addressed as far as loading windows correctly.
HOWEVER, I've seen mention of it possibly being related to bad memory OR a power issue. 
HERE is my problem. As far as a power issue I see that the 12 volt rail is running at 9.5 volts! Is this normal for this machine? Is there any way to adjust the power on the rail?
Now, I'd say that might be the problem when trying to install Windows 10 BUT I can install Windows 7 without any problem.
I've tested the power supply (the brick for the computer) and it is pushing the correct voltage. 
Anyone have any ideas please?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>BUT I can install Windows 7 without any problem.>>>

The SSD is probably MBR partitioned. Try changing it to GPT partitioning with UEFI mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ