SM bus driver not installed after fresh install

Options
zdrasnice
zdrasnice Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I did a fresh install of windows 8.1 on Acer aspire v3-772g. On the device manager, under other devices I see SM bus controller(?) with a yellow error sign. I tried to install chipset driver from the Acer product page, I receive an error during installation when it says a dll file is copying. After this I installed Intel Driver Support Assistant, I originally had two driver problems (audio and SM bus), audio was solved after updating with IDSA but not SM bus. IDSA shows 'no updates' now.

One post on this forum advices to install Chipset INF Utility from Intel. But I'm not sure that it supports my chipset (Intel(R) 8 Series,C220 Series is not on the supported list). It says 'if you aren't sure, install IDSA' but I already did that. Should I just go ahead and install INF Utility?

This is the device id under msinfo32: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C22&SUBSYS_07811025&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FB

Which is the correct one or how can I find it? Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• zdrasnice
    Options
    Went ahead and installed INF Utility linked above. No errors on the device manager now. Hope I didn't break anything.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Options
    zdrasnice

Hi,

If you dont see any ! mark on sm bus driver or if there are no errors on device manager then you are fine !

In future, after doing the fresh install, if the drivers are not installed then you can simply go to device manager

Right click on sm bus driver - click on update
    It will install the driver

Alternatively, you can also go to support.acer.com - chose your model - go to drivers

You can try to install the acer chip set driver along with card reader driver to install the sm bus driver.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• zdrasnice
    Options
    @mohan2018 thanks for your reply.
    I had tried updating via device manager but it couldn't find it. Unfortunately, the one from Acer's drivers page for my model also didn't work, I received an error during installation.

• William_mk2
    Options
    Hi, 

Please use the recovery disk which is designed for your model.    Please visit the website support. Acer. Com  to get the recovery media. 

Drivers and applications which are designed for your computer are present on the recovery media. 

If the comments are helpful please click on like
    If the comments resolves your issue please click on yes

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★