Audio / SM Bus driver for Aspire V3-772G

Options
las3r
las3r Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi there,

I've recently bought a v3-772 w/ 32GB ram for business use (I'm a c# developer). My company required me to install windows 8.1 professional x64, which is what I did. The machine is running great, apart from two drivers:

1. SM Bus Controller

2. High definition audio device

Sound is working, but when I hook up the notebook to my tv through HDMI, there's no sound coming out of the TV, but it's all played through the internal notebook speakers.

Please note that I am VERY tech-savvy, I've tried the drivers from both win 8, win 8.1 (realtek), but to no avail. 

Can anyone explain to me where to find drivers for these two?

Thanks,

Erik

Sm bus controller:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

High Definition audio service:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful. 

-------------------

Best Answer

• las3r
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found a solution for the audio driver: Installing a 'new' version of the graphics driver fixed this (intel integration 4600 one) - since this one handles the HDMI one.

I also found a solution for the SM Bus controller just now: install the latest Intel chipset drivers from intel (INF update utility). 

I honestly don't understand why Acer is offering old drivers on their website.

Anyway - I'm happy - I hope to help others with this.

E

Answers

• las3r
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found a solution for the audio driver: Installing a 'new' version of the graphics driver fixed this (intel integration 4600 one) - since this one handles the HDMI one.

I also found a solution for the SM Bus controller just now: install the latest Intel chipset drivers from intel (INF update utility). 

I honestly don't understand why Acer is offering old drivers on their website.

Anyway - I'm happy - I hope to help others with this.

E

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi...

You need to install the motherboard drivers to SM bus controller driver issue : Chipset drivers

Then you may install the High Definition audio drivers : Audio drivers

• urs_kobler
    urs_kobler Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Dear Eric,

I've recently bought the Acer Notebook Aspire V3-772G / 32GB ram for business use. My company required me to install windows 8.1 professional x64, which is what I did. The machine is running great, apart from one driver:

• High definition audio device

Sound is working, but when I hook up the notebook to my tv through HDMI, there's no sound coming out of the TV, but it's all played through the internal notebook speakers.

Sharanji recommended you (post from 11.11.2013) to install the  the motherboard drivers to SM bus controller driver issue : Chipset drivers and afterwards to install the High Definition audio drivers : Audio drivers which I have done.

Unfortunately without success, as you can see in the device manager view:

DeviceManager.png

Detail failure message:

High Definition audio service:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful. 

Please could you tell me, what I did wrong?

Thank you very much for your response!

Sincerely,
    Urs from Switzerland

This discussion has been closed.