X34P Monitor - USB Driver no longer works with Win10 1903

Goos5e
Goos5e Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, when I had my machine locked at Windows 10/1703, I was able to connect the USB output from my monitor to my computer and the computer would detect it as a hub and allow me to connect devices to the other ports. When I upgraded to build 1903, the port is not detected properly and the device mgr reports it as ""Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor Request Failed)." I have uninstalled the driver, tried to manually update it, forced it to use some of the other USB drivers, all with no luck.

Does anyone out there have an X34P with the USB hub connected, and if so can you let me know what USB driver it is using?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    @Goos5e

Hi,

These are the steps you can try...

Step 1

1. Open Device Manager.
    2. Find Universal Serial Bus controllers section and expand it.
    3. Please right click on each item - Uninstall.    Do it for each item below it.   Restart the computer.   Wait for some time.  It will install all the usb drivers automatically.   Now try to insert the device.   It will start to work..

Step 2

Since you faced the problem after an update..

How to recover using System Restore on Windows 10
    1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Create a restore point, and click the top result to open the System Properties experience.
    3. Click the System Restore button.
    4. Click the Next button.
    5. Select the restore point that you want to use on your computer.
    6. Restore the computer to an earlier date on which it was working fine..
    7. Once the system restore is completed, try to insert the device and check..
    If it is still not working, then please try the step 3.

Step 3.

Option 1: Select Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Recovery. Under Reset this PC, select Get started.

You will see two options.   Keep my files and remove everything.   

If you chose keep my files, there will only be an application loss.   

Chose keep my files and wait..   Once it is completed, please insert the device it will start to work fine.   Other wise you need to do remove everything.  But it will wipe out everything and it will become like a brand new computer.    Then you can insert the device and check.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★