Lost Acer Apps after performing a clean windows 10 install - Acer helios 300

HopeJuster
HopeJuster Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello guys, this is my very first Acer laptop so i'm a total noobie so please bare with me
i performed a clean windows 10 install on me new Acer helios 300 laptop and lost all acer apps ie:

Predator Sense , Acer Care Center , and the intel storage manament app (forgot what's the exact app name)

so i tried to contact the chat support and i'm so shocked, they said i can no longer reinstall or use these super important apps ... 

i'm so disappointed and freaking out 
any help will be much appreciated

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Best Answer

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    you can install all the acer apps.
    just go to acer support site and enter your serial number.
    from the resulting support page , expand applications and download and install.

My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi, @HopeJuster Like the chat agent you spoke to before there aren't ways to install Acer Care Center because there is no official download of the program anywhere. There might be websites which you can search, might contain a copy of the program you can download and install. For predator sense you can download it from acer website. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers go to the following website and type in model no, snid or serial number for drivers and predator sense should be there. For the Intel Management app try to check in Intel website or with their support for this info. They might have a option to download from their website.
  • HopeJuster
    edited October 2019
    Ishy said:
    Hi, @HopeJuster Like the chat agent you spoke to before there aren't ways to install Acer Care Center because there is no official download of the program anywhere. There might be websites which you can search, might contain a copy of the program you can download and install. For predator sense you can download it from acer website. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers go to the following website and type in model no, snid or serial number for drivers and predator sense should be there. For the Intel Management app try to check in Intel website or with their support for this info. They might have a option to download from their website.
    Thank you Ishy,
    Honestly i'm so disappointed, i mean i'm not going to name names but all the other laptop's brands ive used had an app or a website to re-download their apps,drivers or whatever a user would need specially when the device is new and still on waranty n stuff...
    and the chat agent did not even mention that i can re-download the predator scene he literately just said '' Apologies, you won't be able to get it back they are only one time install.''
    idk what else to say but this is so unbelievable!!

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • HopeJuster

Thank you very much , i'll try that
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    If there's no Acer Care Center in your model's driver page, download it from some other model's page. I am using PT717's as there's no Acer Care Center link for my G3-572. Other 2 apps will be there and Intel RST will be in Drivers itself.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • HopeJuster
    XdxD said:
    If there's no Acer Care Center in your model's driver page, download it from some other model's page. I am using PT717's as there's no Acer Care Center link for my G3-572. Other 2 apps will be there and Intel RST will be in Drivers itself.
    Thank you :)
    i actually found all the apps i needed and downloaded it already
    weird thing is the chat agent didn't even bother to ask me to look for stuff he was just oh you can't download it ever again.... not good!!! anyways thank you so very much for everyone that tried to help i really appreciate it ♥
  • XdxD
    XdxD said:
    weird thing is the chat agent didn't even bother to ask me to look for stuff he was just oh you can't download it ever again.... not good!!! anyways thank you so very much for everyone that tried to help i really appreciate it ♥
    Even I got frightened when I had done a clean install using the ISO from Microsoft site. Even the recovery drive didn't work that time for me. Many had told me that Acer apps won't work but everything works as long as the name of the model is intact in BIOS with the word Predator before it.
  • HopeJuster
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    Even I got frightened when I had done a clean install using the ISO from Microsoft site. Even the recovery drive didn't work that time for me. Many had told me that Acer apps won't work but everything works as long as the name of the model is intact in BIOS with the word Predator before it.
    Omg yes i freaked out!!
    i'm glad everything is okies now tho :)
  • XdxD
    Enjoy the Predator now.
  • soyouarehere
    soyouarehere Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited April 2020

bro can you provide the link, from where you downloaded all the preloaded acer apps..
    my lap: acer predator helios 300 g3 572, i5 7th 7300hq, 1050t,i 8gm ram