My laptops charger short circuited . Its a predator helios 300 1050 ti model .

Options
Lamberval98098
Lamberval98098 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Help me i immediately unplugged it and shutdown the laptop . But now when i am trying to boot it up the power light blinks for 3 to 4 times and nothing happened tell me what to do .

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi, @Lamberval98098Try to do battery reset. Follow the steps below:
    1) Unplug power cable from device.
    2) Close the lid if open then flip it upside down. 
    3) Find small symbol for battery and next to it there should be a small pin hole. 
    4) Use a paperclip or something smaller to press and hold for 10-15 seconds.
    5) Then turn on the device and test 
  • Lamberval98098

Tinkerer

Options
    It blinks 5 time not 3 - 4 times pls help 
  • Lamberval98098

Tinkerer

Options
    Ishy said:
    3) Find small symbol for battery and next to it there should be a small pin hole. 
    Actually i did that already
  • Lamberval98098

Tinkerer

Options
    Ishy said:
    Can it be because the laptop is out of charge ?
  • Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Lamberval98098 It could be out of charge. The charger you have is it alright, as in is there any damage on it. And is it possible you have any other charger which fits into this device and able to charge it.
  • Harvey-Acer_Retired
    Harvey-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 330 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Smile :)
  • Lamberval98098

Tinkerer

Options
    Ishy said:
    @Lamberval98098 It could be out of charge. The charger you have is it alright, as in is there any damage on it. And is it possible you have any other charger which fits into this device and able to charge it.
    Thank you brother 
  • Lamberval98098

Tinkerer

Options
    Ishy said:
    No its not alright it fused my whole house 😂 then had to get all the fuses up again . I just need to make sure the blinking doesnt mean that there is harm to the laptop 
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    edited October 2019
    Options
    We are very sorry to hear the inconveniences you're experiencing, unfortunately, the Acer Community (forums & discussions), were designed as a peer to peer support community. The Acer community is not design for direct customer support consultation, case status, complaints, parts requests/orders status or sponsorship request. Although this community is not a direct portal to customer service, Acer employees may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees (community moderators) may interact with members when appropriate.

We suggest you contact Acer support center in your region since the issue could be a hardware problem.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.