Why do my laptop (Acer Aspire E5-576g) randomly shuts down while on battery?

Rolha02
Rolha02 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a laptop Acer Aspire E5-576g that keeps randomly shutting down while on battery. The laptop is 10 Months old and is barely used. While the charger is unplugged, the laptop shuts itself down without warning. I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 10 1809 version, at first there was no problem, until I installed a driver for Intel UHD Graphics 620. The problem is absent when my device is plugged in. I did not installed new hardware or anything. I can't use my device at work since I am working on a field wherein I rely on battery powered laptops. Can you help me please?

Answers

• Harvey-Acer_Retired
    Harvey-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 330 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited October 2019
    Hi @Rolha02

Thanks for taking an interest in the Acer Forums After reading your post I see that you are getting issues with the Acer Aspire E5-576g battery. I will be a delight to assist you here.

-When the laptop shuts down on battery power, after you plug it in and then turn on, what % of charge does it show left on the battery?
    -Also do the following steps and see if it helps.
    -Switch of everything and unplug the charger from the laptop.
    -Take the battery out.
    -Plug the charger to the laptop and the power supply and switch your laptop on.
    -If it switches on, your laptop is OK, the battery is probably the problem part.
    -If it switches on, again turn it off, unplug, put the battery back and give it around 10 minutes charge and then switch it on.
    -Give it full charge.
    -Then try it again on battery power only. :)

Hit "Yes" if this helped you. 
    Smile :)
  • Flipman
    Flipman Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I've had this issue too. I'm curious if you are also having this problem https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/573579/win10-1903-update-e5-576g-5762-system-unresponsive-after-display-turned-off-by-power-settings/p1 . I think there is some problem with how the UHD Graphics Driver and windows power management works (or doesn't work) with the 576G. I sent mine off to Acer for repair since the warranty was almost up. They shipped it back with the UHD video processor disabled (read: not fixed). I think they are aware of the problem, but not sure if they ever plan on putting a fix out for it.