XFA240 audio input

bill09
bill09 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I have my XFA240 on my computer through DisplayPort, and the audio from the computer>DP>monitor speakers works fine if I choose that. But instead, I want to use the 3.5mm input on the monitor as the audio source. I can't get the monitor to play any audio at all from the 3.5mm jack though (Using the supplied cable, on the inner-most 3.5mm jack labeled AUDIO IN), even if the DisplayPort is unhooked. How can I use DisplayPort for video, and 3.5mm for audio? How can I even tell if the 3.5mm audio in works at all? There are no audio input options in the menu.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    bill09 

Enabling monitor speakers is mostly the same process as enabling standalone speakers, the only possible difference being the connection type. If you connect your computer to your monitor via HDMI or DisplayPort, usually no separate audio connection is needed. However, if you connect with DVI or VGA, you will need a separate 3.5 millimeter audio cord.
    Verify that the audio cable is connected to the Audio OUT or Line Out output on the Sound Card and plugged into the Ausdio In or Line In of the Monitor.
    Right-click the audio icon in the system tray area of the Windows taskbar and select "Playback devices." If you connected your monitor via HDMI or DisplayPort, click the name of your monitor in the list of devices. If you connected via 3.5 mm audio and DVI or VGA, click "Speakers."

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!