A515-54G-73WC Beeps When Lighting in the Room Changes Rapidly

Options
thisisauniquename
thisisauniquename Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I was walking back and forth in front of a big spotlight in my garage when I noticed a high-pitched beeping noise coming from my laptop. After a minute or two, I figured out that if I wave my hands in front of the spotlight or rapidly turn it on and off, the laptop makes a high-pitched beep every third/fourth time I mess with the spotlight (it's not coming from the speakers...it's deeper in there). I tested this phenomenon in other rooms and the laptop always beeps if there are several rapid changes in room lighting.

I've never encountered anything like this before. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Is it something that indicates some sort of problem? Is it something I can turn off?

Really curious about this.

Best Answer

• thisisauniquename
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Actually, completely disregard this...I had a program open that was monitoring one of my security cameras, and that program was making sound when it was detecting motion. I thought I was losing my mind...

Answers

• thisisauniquename
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Actually, completely disregard this...I had a program open that was monitoring one of my security cameras, and that program was making sound when it was detecting motion. I thought I was losing my mind...