BIOS Feature in v1.15 - battery charging limit. Where? Acer Switch 3 (SW312-31P).

traumfaenger
traumfaenger Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, folks.

I have got an Acer Switch 3 (SW312-31P).
Recently a BIOS update has been published pushing the version to v1.15.
I did the update coming from v1.14 so it was not a big deal. Everything went smoothly.

Changelog states the new feature, so my question: Where do I find the option to activate it by choosing a lower charging-done-at-trigger value?

I appreciate any responce figuring it out.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    If it's not in the Main tab and no new tabs appeared then its  description is likely incorrect. Not the first time something like this has happened. So consider yourself lucky it went smoothly with no adverse side effects. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    I believe they lowered the trigger value in the BIOS, but didn't give access to make changes to the value. Too low of a value could potentially lead to over heating of the battery, so they don't like setting it to low.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • traumfaenger
    traumfaenger Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Thank you first of all,

@JackE: No, its not on the "main" tab. Neither in Acer Quick Access "Center-App"... I'm wondering. Well, yeah, if this is really a typo, then a bad one. Lucky nothing went wrong.

@billsey: Yeah, could understand it, as Acer managed to lower(!) the RAM speed from 1866MHz to 1600MHz :(
    by doing so, they probably make the battery last no any longer than before (would be required to enable the feature, as my understanding goes)

But again, this is pretty much "probably". A well-defined answer would be appreciated.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Sorry. Probably won't get it here on the users forums as firmware descriptions on the download pages are about defined as you'll find anywhere. Most of them are not very informative. Some are plain wrong. Some quite cryptic. If it's still under warranty, you might try to get a better answer from ACER customer service.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• archiefkljdkf
    archiefkljdkf Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have enabled the 80% charge limit in acer app; very useful and works a treat for me.