Acer laptop has began to crackle and split at the lower lottom of my laptop near the charging jack??

Options
bellaaaa
bellaaaa Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My acer laptop (That i have only owned for about a year) was originally starting to crackle near the lower bottom of my laptop on the left side near the charging jack, at first i decided to ignore this as I was sure that i hadn't done anything to my laptop but after a while my laptop has begun to split open by a large piece of metal seemingly connected to my screen. I have also notice a slight drop in the hinge on the left side of my screen as my laptop is one of those touch screen flip ones. This gives me lots of anxiety as I am in my senior years of schooling and I am quite dependant on this laptop. Although I would be quiet understanding if this laptop was old and happened to be 'warn out' but I have only had this laptop for 9 months maximum and I had paid quite a lot of money on this. My parents also owned a different, older version of an acer this year and that laptop also began to split at the sides. I was wondering if there are any ways possible for me to get this fixed asap and/or if there are any ways i could prevent and more damage before I find a suitable time to get this repaired??? thank you

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @bellaaaa
    Am really sorry to hear this, i would suggest to contact acer tech support, they can take this unit for repair.
    Acer United States / Canada1866-695-2237
     1800-816-2237
    Hit Accept if its useful :)