My Acer nitro 5(an515-15) is not responsive at all

Options
Atri
Atri Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My nitro 5 laptop is no longer taking or holding any charge and I believe it is because the switch under the ram cover has broken off completely. Is there anything I could put in there for it to work again?

Best Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Atri
    Hi, Good Morning! Sorry to hear about your issue. Kindly click the link below and contact them if in case if you need any parts. They are the Part Partners of Acer.
         https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5969
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I consulted with a fellow user @laurent_14 who is very knowledgeable in this field and the switch is part of the Motherboard so it is not replaceable. My only suggestion would be to take it to a PC repair store and see if they can do a fix.
    I know this is not the answer you wanted but please click YES because I did answer your question, thanks and good luck

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• Atri
    Options
    This is the switch I am talking about.
  • andylb
    Options
    I've heard of people using duct tape

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Atri
    Options
    andylb said:
    I'm considering giving this a try but the switch has broken off all together. Does that spot simply need to be filled in or does the part play a specific role?
  • andylb
    Options
    Atri said:
    andylb said:
    I'm considering giving this a try but the switch has broken off all together. Does that spot simply need to be filled in or does the part play a specific role?

Yes, the switch has to be pressed in

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Atri
    Options
    andylb said:
    Atri said:
    andylb said:

So since that switch has broken off is there any parts that I could buy as a replacement to it?
  • Atri
    Options
    Atri said:
    andylb said:
    Atri said:
    andylb said:

So since that switch has broken off is there any parts that I could buy as a replacement to it?
    As you can see the switch is broken off from the opening in the middle. Is it sold as a replacement or is there an alternate?
  • Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Atri
    Hi, Good Morning! Sorry to hear about your issue. Kindly click the link below and contact them if in case if you need any parts. They are the Part Partners of Acer.
         https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5969
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I consulted with a fellow user @laurent_14 who is very knowledgeable in this field and the switch is part of the Motherboard so it is not replaceable. My only suggestion would be to take it to a PC repair store and see if they can do a fix.
    I know this is not the answer you wanted but please click YES because I did answer your question, thanks and good luck

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★