I have a spin SP513 52N I7

Bill55
Bill55 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
and would like to know can I use it with an external monitor with the lid closed

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    Answer ✓
    Bill55

Hi,

Please find the details below..

Open the Start menu and search for Control Panel. Navigate to Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Choose what closing the lid does. You can also type "Lid" into the Start menu to immediately find this menu.

Laptop Power Options

The "When I close the lid" section presents a drop-down menu with four options—Sleep, Hibernate, Shut down, and Do Nothing—based on the laptop's power state: on battery or plugged in.

For example, you could set it to Do Nothing when the laptop is plugged in, but select the Sleep option when the computer is on battery power. This allows the closed laptop to continue functioning while it is hooked up to a power source, so you can use it as a desktop alternative without having to deal with the device itself.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"

If the comments resolves your issue  please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    Answer ✓
    Bill55

Hi,

Please find the details below..

Open the Start menu and search for Control Panel. Navigate to Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Choose what closing the lid does. You can also type "Lid" into the Start menu to immediately find this menu.

Laptop Power Options

The "When I close the lid" section presents a drop-down menu with four options—Sleep, Hibernate, Shut down, and Do Nothing—based on the laptop's power state: on battery or plugged in.

For example, you could set it to Do Nothing when the laptop is plugged in, but select the Sleep option when the computer is on battery power. This allows the closed laptop to continue functioning while it is hooked up to a power source, so you can use it as a desktop alternative without having to deal with the device itself.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"

If the comments resolves your issue  please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★