A515-43-R19L mouse pad not working after windows update

In2Ndo
In2Ndo Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi All. 

The last windows update.  I believe is 1039  made the mouse pad stop working.   any ideas? without having to reinstall windows ? the bios has no touchpad option and fn+F7 does nothing. 
this is on a 

A515-43-R19L

Thanks 

Answers

• Caslon
    Caslon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Did you try uninstalling that update? You can always reinstall it by checking for updates.  
  • In2Ndo
    edited October 2019
    Caslon said:
    Did you try uninstalling that update? You can always reinstall it by checking for updates.  
    Thanks for the reply .  I tried everything. support was no good. I just resintalled windows and nothing. downloaded the drivers and nothing.  in the touchpad settings.  the reset button is grayed out.
    I haven't played with windows for years and don't know what else to try. 
  • In2Ndo
    So I got on Amazon to start a return.  as I'm chatting with support there.  the pointer just appeared and started working.  out of nowhere.   I hate Windows.   
  • Caslon
    Caslon Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2019
     I feel for you as it may happen again outta nowhere. I have windows 10 that came installed with the same laptop as you and so far so good. That reminds me, I  MUST download and print out the text that has all the keys that lets you navigate with just keys in case something like that happens to me!  It's scary that it just started working again outta nowhere. I have all the latest updates too, but can't find the 1039 update you mentioned. You might try updating again and see if some cumulative update kicks in and solves that problem for good. Heh, use the hell outta your pad before your warranty is up to see if it happens again.  Good luck.