Acer Nitro [A515-51] Runs relatively well on opening but start lagging after few minutes of uses

STUDIOCRAFTapps
STUDIOCRAFTapps Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
BIOS v1.22
Bought in May 2018

My computer used to run pretty smoothly until few months ago. My experience while gaming/using GPU and CPU intensive software has rapidly decline compared to what it used to and I can't can really find a working answers for my issue. When I boot up pretty much any game, the experience is as follows: it starts with some pretty good frame rate (Let's take min setting fornite for example: 144fps). After one minute into the game it lowers to around 70-110 fps which is still pretty good. The issues start few seconds after. I get constant stutters, frames dipping constantly to 6-23fps at random intervals. The odd thing here is that my max fps always stay to that 70-110 range.

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @STUDIOCRAFTapps,
    1. Press and hold the windows key and hit letter R, open the run  command  box
    2. Type msconfig in the search field.
    3. Under Best Match, right-click System Configuration.
    4. Click Run as Administrator.
    5. From here, click the Services tab.
    6. In the Services tab, click the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft Services.
    7. click on apply and "OK".
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    BIOS v1.22
    Bought in May 2018

My computer used to run pretty smoothly until few months ago. My experience while gaming/using GPU and CPU intensive software has rapidly decline compared to what it used to and I can't can really find a working answers for my issue. When I boot up pretty much any game, the experience is as follows: it starts with some pretty good frame rate (Let's take min setting fornite for example: 144fps). After one minute into the game it lowers to around 70-110 fps which is still pretty good. The issues start few seconds after. I get constant stutters, frames dipping constantly to 6-23fps at random intervals. The odd thing here is that my max fps always stay to that 70-110 range.

Sounds like a Nvidia driver issue and also your games may be running on the dedicated GPU instead of the Nvidia GPU, so do this

1. Download and run DDU in safe mode to do a clean uninstall of your Nvidia drivers.

2. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

3. Go to the Nvidia control center and under manage 3d settings/Preferred Graphics processor set to your Nvidia GPU then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU.

4. Make sure Windows is set to high performance and you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• STUDIOCRAFTapps
    STUDIOCRAFTapps Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm a little late to respond but yeah, still isn't working. I would even say it's gotten worst. It's so odd