Veriton X4620G Video Card question...please help!

Options
wigglywoo
wigglywoo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Veriton X4620G computer. It has the i5 3330 3GHz processor, 500GB Hard Drive 4GB RAM, 220 watt power supply and onboard video. I am interested in upgrading to a better video card for it. I was told that it had to be a low profile card since the tower is pretty slim. Here is the Acer page about the computer. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4390?b=1
My question is: what video cards are compatible with this computer? I was told by a NVidia guy that the GTX 1050 low profile cards will work with it and go in the pci-e 16x video slot. However, he said their video cards all require at least 300 watt power supplies or greater. So, what video cards are made for this system as an upgrade with the existing power supply?
I tried literally all day yesterday getting help from Acer. Their customer service was awful. I spent the day trying to get someone to help me. They transferred me to a guy in India. He told me he was with a 3rd party company and they only do software. Then they gave me 5 different numbers. One was for a parts company that was a 3rd party also. They said they only sell the original parts that came with the system and no add ons or optional parts. Then I called more of the numbers they gave me. One was a recording, no human. Another was a 2nd guy in India who knew nothing. Then I tried getting on their various chat windows online. One told me they were only new computer sales and couldn't help. Another said they were just customer service and knew nothing about parts. Another number I tried said they wouldn't tell me what card I need because the computer wasn't in their warranty window. I have NEVER had such a horrible customer service experience. All I wanted to know from them is "What video cards are compatible and what specs I needed to look for on a video card for it". Nobody would help me. I had a huge headache after the day was over and still had no help from any of them. I was on over a half dozen different chat windows for various departments and as many phone calls. Horrible customer service!
Anyway, do you guys know what video cards are compatible, what the specs for compatible video cards is and where I can buy one? New or refurbished would be ok. 
Thanks!

Answers

• wigglywoo
    wigglywoo Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Can someone help me please?? I appreciate it. Thanks!
    Acer was zero help. Their customer service was the worst I've ever dealt with. It was horrific. I can't believe they treat their customers like this. I gave them of lot of money for this computer. To people who read this and are considering buying an Acer computer. DON'T! Their customer service is awful! Buy an HP, a Dell, a Mac or any other computer. Save yourself a huge headache when trying to get help with Acer customer support.