Repair service without valid serial number

fangweiliu
fangweiliu Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

The keyboard of my Acer Aspire S13 is not working. However, the SNID number is not valid on the support website. 
I purchased this laptop out of US and may be the reason that the serial number is not found.
How do I looking for repair service this case? I'm in Pittsburgh area.

Comments

• PO5IT1VE
    PO5IT1VE Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Did you register your laptop before searching for warranty? First register it
  • fangweiliu
    fangweiliu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes. It is registered and listed in my account. But when I key in the serial number into "Repair my Acer", it shows the serial number is invalid.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    fangweiliu 

The International Traveler's Warranty (ITW) only covers genuine travelers outside their country of residence. 
    The enhanced International Travelers Warranty (ITW) is extended to products purchased from Acer or its authorized distributors, under the following conditions, only bona fide travelers who are in possession of a copy of the original sales invoice of the notebook may bring claims under the Acer ITW.

The definition of a "bona fide traveler" under the Acer ITW is a person temporarily outside the territorial scope of the local warranty covering the respective devices, without the intention of establishing a permanent residence. Otherwise, the notebook will only have a local warranty from where it was purchased; you will have to pay for any repairs made outside the country of purchase.

A list of authorized ITW service centers can be found at our Global Acer Authorized ITW Service Locations.  
    More information regarding scope of the ITW, ITW limitations can be found at our Global Acer Travelers Warranty page.
    Acer support United States : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!