Acer Swift 3 with Ubuntu 18 - Microphone and Fingerprint Scanner not working

vedprakashupraity
vedprakashupraity Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have recently bought Acer Swift 3 - SF314-55G-52AT and I am extremely satisfied with the overall product's built quality, hardware configurations and Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I have not experienced any problem so far while working on it.

But, as a Software Engineer, most of my work is dependent on a Linux machine. So, I did a dual boot and installed Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS following the guidelines I found in some random threads in this community and everything worked fine.

Now, I'm facing two different problems here when I switch to Ubuntu:
1. The system's microphone does not work. And, when I connect any earphone, it only works as an output device (earphone's mic is also not functional in this case).
2. There is no way to use my Laptop's fingerprint scanner for login and/or authentication.

I have also attached screenshots of the PulseAudio - Volume Control for a reference.

Answers

• robinadair
    robinadair Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm a basic user but my fingerprint scanner hasn't worked for about the last two weeks that I've owned this computer....... and I've only had it for a month.  Called service and had to completely wipe out my computer and start from the beginning.  Worked for a couple of days then nothing.   My keyboard won't light either.....  
  • Josemius
    Josemius Member Posts: 1 New User
    Suddenly something went wrong my Laptop's fingerprint scanner for login and/or authentication.