next@acer 2020

Reseting Laptop to factory settings - Acer Aspire 7

kulka1kulka1 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
Hello,
I have Acer Aspire 7 with 9300h and 1650.
I want to reset my laptop to factory settings. So if a person opens it, it will show windows personalization again.
I dont want to delete windows key, drivers or folders/applications what came with this laptop. I want everything to be like it was "out of the box" with preinstalled things.

Alt + F10 don't work for me. Is there any other way I can safely do this?
I would appreciate step-by-step solution.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• PiterPiter Member Posts: 177 Skilled Fixer
    edited October 2019
    Resetting a PC to factory settings will refresh your system to new, your personal files and the Apps you installed will be removed, and the settings will go to factory default. If you forgot the password to log into your Acer laptop, and don't want to lost data on your PC, you can create a password reset disk, and use it to unlock your Acer laptop without password.

Factory reset will overwrite data on the hard drive, it is recommended to backup computer before factory reset in Windows.
  • ADPSADPS Member Posts: 1 New User
    @kulka1 and @Piter, what is the method to Reset the ACER Aspire One 722 to factory settings? I'm sorry if I missed that within the comments; I'm looking to do a complete reset for an older laptop so that my son can use it. 
  • JackEJackE ACE Posts: 21,823 Trailblazer
    You can try the ALT+F10 cold boot reset technique as shown in the Win8.1 reset video below. The same technique applies to Win7 and WinVista. Just follow the on-screen instructions for Win7. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ