Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 Freezing with buzzing, and blue screen, after sending for warranty

zephyr192
zephyr192 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
 So I had just received my laptop from the Acer repair depot. It has had some issues that are covered under warranty. See at first before I sent it in, the laptop had random blue screen and or freezes. Literally completely random. For example, I would play Apex or Overwatch for 2 days watch youtube, twitch, Or whatever. The laptop would be fine for days and then suddenly while browsing reddit and watching twitch or youtube it will freeze with loud sound in speakers and frozen screen. At one time I thought it was a wifi or bluetooth issue because it only blue screen while i was using bluetooth headset or bluetooth headphone and then when reboot then wifi and bluetooth icon vanished. It did that a few times on bluetooth. However It started to freeze a few times while gaming (without bluetooth), and frozen a lot more while NOT gaming. For example using youtube or twitch, or just reading the news using a web browser it would freeze with the loud sound in the speakers. But see, it is completely random.

Therefor the solution was to send it in. 2 days ago I received the laptop back from the Acer repair facility. According to the report they sent me, they could not find anything wrong with the machine after they wiped the entire laptop, they also reinstalled the drivers, updated windows, and they put all of the standard Acer version of windows 10, and they did not change any of the hardware. So I just kept a smile on my face... and thought maybe it was a bad driver or something. So during these 2 days I only installed a few games Apex, and Overwatch, and a few others. I played for hours and hours on high settings. Everything seemed okay. I thought everything was good... then today.. 2 crashes. I caught the last one and record it on my iphone. The weird thing... I was not gaming and the laptop was not hot. After sleeping a long night I turned on the power to my laptop as usual. Now after 4 hours of reading the news, youtube videos, and watching twitch live streams it froze for the second time doing the same thing.. browsing the web. Nothing changed from the day before when I was gaming. I have only installed the games and nothing more. All that exists on the laptop is the stock acer firmware and the updated windows 10 that Acer installed. I checked too, windows is fully updated. All the drivers good.

So now I am clueless. When I received the laptop back from Acer 2 days ago there was no damage to the box it and the laptop looks brand new not a single scratch or damage from the mail. They did not replace any hardware and I know it is the same laptop because the serial number is the same and I took the intel sticker and nvidia stickers off the keyboard area. So its the same laptop but just refreshed software.

Now I just dont know what to do. This is the 2nd time I sent the laptop back to Acer. The first was for backlight bleed. Acer fixed that by opening up the bezel and they reset and glue the screen bezel it as they left a bit of glue on the top part that I cleaned off. Then the 2nd time was for the blue screens and freezes. So Now here I am. I dont know what to do. I did notice that the freezes and blue screen only started after I got it back the first time. Now the 2nd time they refreshed the drivers, software, windows etc.. but thats it, Now I still have this problem except now instead of bluescreen it just freezes and locks up without blue screen now... I uploaded a video of the problem. I also submitted a request on the online form. If anyone can help me. I am so frustrated. I save up my money all summer and as a disabled person with health problems its hard for me to make money.. Now this. I am almost in tears at this point.. I just want this 950 dollar laptop to work...

Here is the video after I received the laptop back from Acer...

serial number = NHxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SNID = 91xxxxxxxxx

Model name = Nitro AN515-54

Edited by Edward

Answers

• Getsu35
    Getsu35 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi, I have the same issues, do you find a solution? I reinstalled Windows and all the pilots and still the same freezing problem.
    I thought it could be the graphic card or the SSD but no… I don't know what to do...
    FYI : I cannot see the youtub video
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Getsu35 said:
    Hi, I have the same issues, do you find a solution? I reinstalled Windows and all the pilots and still the same freezing problem.
    I thought it could be the graphic card or the SSD but no… I don't know what to do...
    FYI : I cannot see the youtub video

Please start a new Topic of your own for your question, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★