Acer Swift 1 (SF114-32) Deepin linux install

pazdy
pazdy Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I want to install Deepin OS on my laptop (no dual boot) just linux. But I can not start boot Deepin OS installation. Here are my steps, which I done.

1) Download iso and create bootable USB (with RUFUS)
2) Get to a BIOS (BOOT -> Secure Boot: Disabled)
3) Security -> Set Supervisor Password
4) Security -> Select an UEFI file as trusted for executing (select USB0 ->EFI -> BOOT -> grubx64.efi)
5) Reset notebook -> F12 (boot menu) -> select grubx64.efi

Instalation do not start just show white dot in left corner. 
Can Someone tell me, what I am doing wrong, that installation do not start?

PS: I installed linux mint and ubuntu on this notebook without problems, but this distribution I can not and I want to try it. I update BIOS too (to version 1.09).

Thanks for your answers.
Pazdy

Answers

• AlpineTom
    AlpineTom Member Posts: 58 Devotee WiFi Icon
    If Ubuntu and Linux Mint can be installed without problems, I'd say that the issue here isn't your laptop but Deepin OS. Have you tried asking on the Deepin OS forums?
  • pazdy
    No I do not try Deepin OS forums yes. I will try. Does somebody have any other solution?
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited October 2019
    Now, i know you're talking about debian based deepin from china, but manjaro deepin is pretty good (and doesn't have some weird debian/chinese kernel thats at the whim of the chinese communist party either).  If you fancy giving it a go, here's the link, .iso is the second on the list, and after install, update at the terminal using following command:  sudo pacman -Syyu     

https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-community/storage/deepin/18.0.2/
  • pazdy
    Gawain said:
    good news!  I'm typing this from a swift 1 with manj deepin installed as the sole OS.  you don't need step 4 if you have disabled secure boot.  With step 5, do you get a list of drives? (your internal drive and your usb stick with manj on it).  Also, can you post a link for where you got your .iso from as manjaro have removed deepin link by default.  cheers.
    Can you please tell me, what I have to do to correct install? If I do step 5 I have here HDD(Windows) and USB (Deepin OS).
    I downloaded iso here
    https://www.deepin.org/en/mirrors/releases/
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Gawain said:
    Now, i know you're talking about debian based deepin from china, but manjaro deepin is pretty good (and doesn't have some weird debian/chinese kernel thats at the whim of the chinese communist party either).  If you fancy giving it a go, here's the link, .iso is the second on the list, and after install, update at the terminal using following command:  sudo pacman -Syyu     

https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-community/storage/deepin/18.0.2/
    i kind of guess you read the unedited response, so pls read the above.  as for getting debian/china based deepin os installed, it has a very different installer to every other linux os i've used over the years, so i cannot help, sorry.