I just made a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 on my Acer Swift 5. But many driver problems occur.

Options
Epixinvites
Epixinvites Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just bought my Acer Swift 514-52T-5002. I reformatted my hard disk and made a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04. Everything seems to be nice but when I checked my mic, Ubuntu doesn't detect my mic and tried everything but nothing worked. Secondly, Ubuntu also doesn't recognize my fingerprint sensor. Can anyone help me solve this two problems? Thanks for any answers. :)

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning Epixinvites !

First, I believe you should have installed release 19.04.
    Have you updated the kernel and system on your system?
    Updated all drivers and controllers?
    Have you checked if all hardware is recognized by the system?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Epixinvites
    Epixinvites Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I dont want to upgrade my ubuntu to 19.04 but I have updated everything. Other than ubuntu itself
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    The point is that release 19.04 has greater hardware compatibility.
    That's why you should come in.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    I've had a dig around and it looks like both the swift 3 and 5 often comes into trouble with the mic side of things.  I couldn't find anything conclusive to resolve (that includes latest kernel's etc), so i reckon your best bet (if you haven't already) is join and post on the ubuntu forum - they're a friendly bunch and someone is pretty certain to suggest many things.  As for the fingerprint reader, well, they are notoriously poorly supported by linux and it's pretty much pot luck if the manufacturer has used a supported chip (I've yet to have an acer or thinkpad with such a mythical chip).
  • Kostas79
    Kostas79 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    I am experiencing the same problem with Swift 5 SF514-54T. I posted in AskUbuntu but my request got downvoted. I take it that, unless a bunch of us coordinate and make a single request and upvote it, the requests will be ignored.