Acer XF240H

Options
soaresCS
soaresCS Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Does this monitor only support 60Hz with HDMI?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I doubt they'd officially support it though, since spec is the lower frequency. I guess the only way to find out is to try it, but don't expect it and be pleasantly surprised if it works. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Rade97
    Rade97 Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hai @soaresCS
    The following features are provided in your monitor
    Acer XF Series gaming monitors range from Full HD to WQHD resolutions, with aspect ratios from 16:9 up to mega-immersive Ultrawide 21:9. Add to that you get AMD FreeSync, a 240Hz refresh rate and a 1ms response time.
    Maximum resolution:(Full HD)1920 x 1080@144 Hz

You can recheck it with the following website by giving the model number.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SI/content/model/UM.FX0EE.001 
    Click accept if the comment is useful.
  • soaresCS

Tinkerer

Options
    Rade97 said:
    Hai @soaresCS
    The following features are provided in your monitor
    Acer XF Series gaming monitors range from Full HD to WQHD resolutions, with aspect ratios from 16:9 up to mega-immersive Ultrawide 21:9. Add to that you get AMD FreeSync, a 240Hz refresh rate and a 1ms response time.
    Maximum resolution:(Full HD)1920 x 1080@144 Hz

You can recheck it with the following website by giving the model number.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SI/content/model/UM.FX0EE.001 
    Click accept if the comment is useful.

I understand that it's an 144Hz monitor, just didn't know if that was possible through an HDMI cable, thanks!
  • billsey
    Options
    HDMI typically maxes out at 120Hz IIRC.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • soaresCS

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    HDMI typically maxes out at 120Hz IIRC.
    Typically yes but I'm hearing that the Monitor itself has to support it
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I doubt they'd officially support it though, since spec is the lower frequency. I guess the only way to find out is to try it, but don't expect it and be pleasantly surprised if it works. :)
  • soaresCS

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    I cancelled the order and went ahead with a monitor I knew for sure worked, thanks for the help!