Having CPU performance issues? Extreme Temps? Low FPS? READ THIS!!

Options
ohfoxy
ohfoxy Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
For anyone suffering with the issues in the title, PLEASE do yourself a favor and check out this thread.  If you have a 9300h CPU like me, use the 8300h profile.  This guy put together amazing undervolt profiles, and the profile for the 8300h processor works great with the newer generation Nitro's 9300h CPU without any changes needed, greatly reducing temperatures and improving performance both plugged-in and on battery.

**I have to advise that adjusting the voltage of your CPU can, in theory, void your warranty.  However it is not actually possible to damage your hardware using this software WITH the included pre-configured profiles, and there are no permanent modifications being made to your system, so there is zero risk.  Please understand that you only need to start the program and let it run, you should not check any boxes or move any sliders without fully understanding what you are doing, as you don't want to disable any of the systems that protect your computer from damaging itself.**

When I bought my Nitro 5 (AN517-51-56YW) I was having issues with frame drops due to temperature throttling, and figured the laptop would probably only last a year or two running at what is nearly the boiling point of water constantly.  Now my average temperature is 74c, usual peak temperatures in any given gaming session end up between 80-82c, and my frame rates are much more stable.  Once you understand the software more, you can increase the amount of boost allowed to squeeze a little more performance out at the cost of slightly higher temps, but that is not recommended unless you truly understand what you are changing when you adjust his profiles. 

tl;dr - this laptop needs a throttlestop profile to thrive, check out that thread. It will fix so many issues.