Low cpu performance Nitro AN515-42

2»

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    @Hotwheels You are confusing this with old battery technology. Modern battery technology specifically designed for gaming laptops, shuts charging off at 100% then trickle charges as the battery level falls. This is a common design among most gaming laptop manufacturers because the CPU will not operate at High Performance unless the laptop is plugged into the AC.
    We have had some success with helping solve heating issues so if you would care to start a topic of your own, we will be happy to try to help

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Hotwheels
    Hotwheels Member Posts: 22 Networker
    andylb said:
    @Hotwheels You are confusing this with old battery technology. Modern battery technology specifically designed for gaming laptops, shuts charging off at 100% then trickle charges as the battery level falls. This is a common design among most gaming laptop manufacturers because the CPU will not operate at High Performance unless the laptop is plugged into the AC.
    We have had some success with helping solve heating issues so if you would care to start a topic of your own, we will be happy to try to hT
    Thank you for educating me a little on this new stuff!!!
  • HugoR
    HugoR Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    Hey, how can I know if my cpu is reaching max performance??
  • Imapt
    Imapt Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have an Acer nitro 5 AN515-42 from yesterday the backlight of the keyboard is suddenly stop glowing while charging but when I press any key it start glow but before when I was charging my laptop it normally glow until I will not turn off the charging. I don't know what's the problem but it is happening after my window update
    Pls help 
  • HULU
    HULU Member Posts: 20 Networker
    tanoy25 said:

I have the Nitro AN515-42 and its max turbo is speed for the CPU is supposedly 3.6 GHz. However, i haven't experienced performance that i expected. I'm currently getting only 45+ frames in and also it drops when teamfights happen. Any possible way to increase performance?

Go upgrade your CPU system. Bring you a better gaming experience. There may be something you need here. http://www.cdrtd.com

• Weg
    Weg Member Posts: 4 New User
    I need help please!
    So my nitro 5 will come with linux so I'll do a clean windows install, my question is, do I have to download all the drivers available here on acer or not? Because I've see people facing problems with bios drivers update so I'm scared and therefore don't wanna download unnecessary drivers, I only wanna get maximum performance possible for gaming.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Weg said:
    I need help please!
    So my nitro 5 will come with linux so I'll do a clean windows install, my question is, do I have to download all the drivers available here on acer or not? Because I've see people facing problems with bios drivers update so I'm scared and therefore don't wanna download unnecessary drivers, I only wanna get maximum performance possible for gaming.
    BIOS drivers from Acer site run on Windows only.
    BIOS updates are an issue on Windows cos Windows update pushes BIOS and drivers updates by default, unless user turns them off.

You shouldn't be having this BIOS being auto updated on Linux.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045