How to extend my laptop warranty - Swiift SF314-55G

praveen786
praveen786 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

laptop Invoice date : 03-10-2019.
model - Swiift SF314-55G

this is my first laptop from Acer and i  would say the laptop is quite good, but the issue is that I am unable to extend my laptop warranty, the support staff of yours are only telling lies and totally ruining my first Acer product experience.

I have contacted Acer customer care before buying this laptop and they said that there will be no issue availing the warranty extension offer even if you purchase it from online shopping websites (at the time I also mentioned that in your offer it is mentioned to be applicable for retail shops only but he still said sir you will be eligible for the offer even after purchasing it from online websites) that is why i purchased this laptop from flipkart trusting Acer support representative.

Now after getting it yesterday (04-10-2019) I have tried many times to register for extended warranty but I am getting below error message as shown below.

After failing to register it I called customer care twice below are the replies told by them.

1) When i first called customer care, representative said that first register laptop and upload invoice on 
and after that he said try again after 30 min (which i did but faced the same issue) and also said that if this issue still persist then try after 06:00pm as
there are some issues with amazon and they haven't updated the database(something like this and totally don't know why he said amazon). 
so as told by him i tried around 5:40 and still getting the same error as shown above.

2) So I called the customer care second time and person there asked me whether i have uploaded the invoice on APN for which i said i already did, then he said
that i am not eligible for the warranty extension offer as the offer is only applicable for retail stores only. After this i am feeling like I got cheated because your representative earlier ensured me that i am eligible to extend warranty even if i purchased it from online websites.

your representative also said to send the laptop invoice on  ***  which i have sent, and he also said that i should visit acer service center for extension of warranty, for which i called an Acer service center and they said to visit an Acer store for extension of warranty, after which i called Acer store and they are saying we can't help you and call Flipkart. Now I am totally frustrated and don't know what to do for extending warranty.

As i have already purchased this laptop and I am totally regretting it. I can say, this is not the way to treat a customer at least i can't expect such kind of behavior from a reputed brand representatives like Acer. your staff is basically telling me lies and totally ruining my overall experience.

I just want to know where and how can i extend my laptop warranty.

Edited by,
Acer - Harvey

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited October 2019
    Hi, @praveen786 According what I know you should be able to purchase extra warranty as long the computer is still under warranty. Also purchasing from amazon shouldn't affect the matter. Try to extend the warranty through the following link: https://www.shopacer.co.in/Default.aspx Once you are in the link click buy warranty on the top right for help.