Caps lock, upper+lower case issues. Changes on it's own. (E5-576g-5762)

Options
Limon20
Limon20 Member Posts: 3 New User
This problem started a week after I first used this new laptop. Without any interference from me it has a mind of it's own it seems.
Also have issues from the start regarding keys wrong way round.
For the following keys I have to press 2 or 3 other keys to type them. @ # € " \
(also the case with £. But I have a us keyboard, and was aware of that particular one)
Is the problem with the us keyboard maybe?
Any ideas will be welcome.
Cheers.
Mick

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,164 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, select Properties and go to Driver tab, uninstall the driver and reboot, Windows will install the driver.

• Limon20
    Options
    brummyfan2,
    Thanks for that, but it didn't work. Well it did initially, because i rebooted, and it always works when it starts up.
    but within seconds it's messing about again.
    I will have a play around a bit more.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,164 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Give battery reset a try, there's a reset pinhole at the back and please follow the instructions in the video.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

• Limon20
    Options
    I don't think I need to do that now Brummyfan2.
    3 days ago I added another type of English keyboard as a second option.
    I never got round to using it, but I just clicked 'delete' and it seems to have cured the caps lock issues.
    Why it never caused an issue for 3 days I have no idea, but it's sorted!
    I still have the other issue with characters wrong way round, but having googled it, others are seeking an answer to this.
    Apparently with this particular US / UK keyboard problem Windows 8 had a solution, but Windows 10 does not.
    I'm total technophobe, so it's beyond me, but I'll keep an eye out. Someone's gonna sort it.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Mick
  • roshanamin
    roshanamin Member Posts: 62 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    I have the same model and question pertains to Num lock setting and as such not wanting to create a new post and hope OP does not mind and would help other users too. In my LT, the NUM Lock starts off with being off and I have to press it to activate it, then haven't checked, but after some time if not used, it turns off again and have to again activate it by pressing it once. Is this normal or can be resolved?
  • roshanamin
    roshanamin Member Posts: 62 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    Apologies for having posted on a old post, will take care next time, can't even delete. Happened to find a old post of 2017 on this issue here https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/790548#Comment_790548 Closing my query