SF714 - New Swift 7 - Sound too quiet

coffee_1
coffee_1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi

Anyone else with the new swift 7 and having issues with extremely quiet sound.

I have tried many solutions online and still the same. I have just updated to the latest windows 10 and the latest acer website drivers and it's still the same.

When playing applications such as Netflix or youtube the sound is very quiet and can only be heard if there is no other noise in the room. I am close to getting rid of this laptop just because of this issue.

thank you

Answers

• Harvey-Acer_Retired
    Harvey-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 330 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi 
    Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'. Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button. Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'. Click Apply to save the change and then click OK
    Smile :)
  • Rowelle
    Rowelle Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    I'm having this same issue. The audio level is soo piss poor that I can hardly hear what's going on. I've tried the steps above, but the instructions are not current. Even when I right click the speaker icon in the task bar, i don't see "Playback Devices." That's just the start of it. I've had to search around to find the closest thing to "Enhancements" and even with that clicked an enabled, the audio doesn't improve.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Playback Devices is in Sounds Settings, which should be one of the options in the right click menu.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.