Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53-55G9 - won't start, complete shutdown and needs battery drain.

Options
sujitgrg
sujitgrg Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I had just bought an Acer Nitro 5 ( AN515-53-55G9) and its not been a week. It was working fine the first day but at the second day when I turned on the power on, backlit lit up, acer logo shown and then the laptop went completly off ( From completly off I mean it won't charge, won't restart again by clicking the power key unless battery drain). Even after battery drain I am having same issue : backlit on, acer logo then complete shut down; won't start, won't charge.

It may be a hardware issue or windows issue, doesn't anyone know? 
Or did I had a defective piece.

Help please !
If someone had faced same issue then how did you solved it please share.

#admin #help #users #nitro5

Comments

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    When a laptop is so new and simple fixes don't work, I recommend using your warranty for repair or replacement

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• sujitgrg
    Options
    andylb said:
    When a laptop is so new and simple fixes don't work, I recommend using your warranty for repair or replacement
    Yeah, i will surely do that but for a week its gonna be a festive week here so every shop will remain close. Till then I thought if anybody has idea about the issue.

Issue : It works fine when I install fresh windows from a bootable CD of old version upto 1809 october update. But as soon as I update my windows to 1903 May update then when I restart my device after complete installation the device shuts down and won't start (no CPU fan running, no charging and no battery sign). If i apply power drain then it will boot upto acer logo and again same issue of shut down and not starting.

Can it be a SSD problem? I had KINGSTON ssd in it and only ssd ( no hdd).
  • sujitgrg
    Options
    Also I cannot install the windows from bootable USB in that Acer Nitro 5.
    Once at first it was working with the bootable usb installation but now the system doesn't even accept the bootable pendrive.

I used rufus and windows 1809 iso file to make bootable usb in GPT, UEFI mode. Pressed F2 to make login password to disable secure boot and made the USB at first priority.
    I pressed F12 to open boot manager and selected the USB option and then it shows some NTFS type of command and then the laptop shuts off again with same issue.

Am I having any mistake during booting form USB? If yes please let me know.