Acer Swift 1 - SF-114-32-P55T - How can I find help?

alitoDV
alitoDV Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone. 
My name is Aldo and I live in Italy. I worked as retail seller for Acer around 18 months being third best seller and first best seller in the internal incentive programme.
I won a black swift 1 - SF-114-32-P55T as reward but now it is not working anymore. 
I cannot bring it in assistance because as a prize, I don't have a ticket that shows the proof of buying...

Problem:
Only the keyboard in enlightened as proof of electricity that flows but the screen is black and none of the software starts.

What I've tried to do to fix: 
reset battery pinhole: 8 seconds / 40 seconds
shutdown button: 15 seconds / 30 seconds / 60 seconds
USB bootable pendrive: it only enlighten the led.

Help me somehow.
I need it for work.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    @alitoDV

Hi 

I understand that you are facing a startup issue..

While holding the fn, please press the keys starting from f1 to f12 and check whether you are getting the display screen back. 

If you are not getting it then we have to try the power drain and bios defaults first.

Power drain test.

If the battery is removable ( if it is not built in ) , remove the battery and charger.   Remove the power cable and any other devices connected.   Hold the power button for 40 seconds.   Turn on the computer.  It should start.

Remove the charger cable and other devices connected to laptop. If the battery is inbuilt,  then search for a tiny hole on the back of your laptop.  Insert a paper clip and hold gently for 20 seconds on the tiny hole.  connect the power cable and it should turn on.

Bios defaults

Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.   It will take you to the Bios setup screen.

Press f9 and load bios defaults by clicking on yes

Press f10 and save the changes by clicking on yes

It should start your computer.

If the above steps are not working then follow the details below.

Step 1.   connect the power cable.  Turn on the laptop.  When you see the acer Logo unplug the power cable.   Computer will shutdown if the battery is completely drained out.  

Please do the step 1 four to five times.   There are chances you will be getting the troubleshoot, continue and advanced repair options.   

You can go to troubleshoot and click on reset this pc
    It will show you keep my files or Remove everything..

Please remember recovery process will wipe out everything on your computer.  

You can even go to advanced repair options and try system restore or startup repair process..

If the hard reset is not working on your computer...

Try the following steps listed below..  There are various  ways you can start the recovery process..

1.  Internal recovery by tapping alt + f10 key or alt gr + f10 key
    2.  Starting the recovery process by using the recovery media  ( cd/dvd or recovery flash drive ) given to you by Acer

Step 1.

Turn off the computer.  Please press and hold the alt key, start the computer and keep tapping f10 on your keyboard.   It will say please wait and it will go to troubleshoot and advanced recovery options where you can proceed with the recovery options by clicking on troubleshoot - reset this pc - Choosing "keep my files" or " Remove everything "

If the step 1 is not working please try the step 2 process..

Step 2.

Turn off the computer.  Please press and hold the "altgr" key on the bottom row of keyboard, start the computer and keep tapping f10 on your keyboard.  It will say please wait and it will go to troubleshoot and advanced recovery options where you can proceed with the recovery options by clicking on troubleshoot - reset this pc - By Choosing "keep my files" or " Remove everything " it should start the recovery process.  

If the above steps are helpful please click on "like"
    If the above steps are resolving your issue please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• alitoDV
    alitoDV Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for help.

No logo is shown on the screen. The only light on is the one coming from the back of the keyboard.