Cannot power up - Acer Swift

Options
Rachel4
Rachel4 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2019 in Swift and Spin Series
I purchased my Acer Swift laptop in February 2019, and had no problems until this week when I cannot switch it on. The power light is on when on mains power and I’ve tried resetting the battery with the pin hole on the base. Any suggestions, please?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Rachel4
    Did you try with a different charger to check?
    Try power drain once again

Power drain: First turn off the laptop and unplug the charger, Look at the back of your laptop and you can see a small pin hole. Put a paper clip inside the pinhole, press and hold the paper clip for 40 seconds.Make sure when you press and hold the paper clip you will feel like pressing on to a button inside the pin hole.Than try to power on the laptop and check.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Rachel4
    Rachel4 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to try and help me. The blue power light comes on when I plug in the charger, I don’t have an anlternative charger for this device. I can feel the bUpton depress when I use a pin in the pinhole - I hadn’t tried for as long as 40 seconds before. Unfortunately still no joy. 
    I guess I’ll have to take it to a tech team somewhere. 
    Thank you. 
  • MSY
    MSY Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have similar issues of which when power On the Acer Swift lap top doesn't seem to work.  Follow your advise, use pin to depress/reset and it works..thanks yooo