Acer Nitro AN515-52 Geforce GTX 1050 not working.

Options
Strogg
Strogg Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just bought this laptop a month ago. My unit is an Acer Nitro 5  515-52. I noticed that my discrete gpu is not working. I used nitrosense in the high performance setting and my gpu is on discrete while playing games. The game is ROME TOTAL WAR ON MAX SETTINGS. Also, I noticed on the device manager I have only the Intel UHD graphics 630 installed yet on the program files folders I have the nvidea folder. So, I assumed it is already installed. I only use Acer Care Center for the drivers and all are installed. Do I need to take this back to warranty or am I missing something. I also tried to download the nvidea driver manually on the acer website (nvidea 388.73), and it say graphics driver cannot find graphics hardware. What should I do? Is my laptop damaged? What is my next course of action?

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Yes you are missing something my friend. You must update your Nvidia drivers directly from Nvidia not Acer. Acer only provide the base drivers. download and install from here and my advice is to skip the GEforce experience and instead check monthly for updates. Download and install and all should be fine. Please click YES if this answers your question
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★