XB271HU monitor not showing up in device manager

Options
Petter83
Petter83 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Only thing that show up is the basic "Generic PnP Monitor"

When I plugged in the screen I got a PCI unknown device...
checked the graphic card driver... had the latest version.

some times later....

Reinstalled the drivers just to make sure... and the unknown pci device dispersed.
Still only have Generic PNP monitor thou.

When I check the NVIDIA control panel it can find the Monitor... Why docent it show in the device manager?

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    @Petter83

Hi,

It might be the cable which is connected between the computer and monitor.  

Try to use an alternative cable and check..

Step 1

It might be a simple fix, it seems that the problem might be the cable itself, we might have to change cables as one identified the monitor as Generic non-PnP, and the new one will identify it correctly and the drivers will do their job, please see if it makes a difference for you

Please try to re seat the cable between monitor and computer and if not try to use an alternative cable.

Step 2

If you are using an extension cable for the vga monitor. Please disconnect the cable and plug the monitor cable straight into the back of the PC and it will be fixed. Display will now shows as correct monitor type and the resolution will be correct.

Step 3

If there are any drivers which came along with the monitor, please try to install it.   I am not discussing about the display driver of mother board but I am talking about the driver of monitor.

Step 4

Please go to device manager
    right click on pnp on device manager
    click on update driver

If the above steps are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the above steps resolves your issue, please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• r3tr0
    r3tr0 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Peter83
    He is right. You have to download the device drivers from the acer support site. Once they are installed you have to go into device manager, select the monitor, choose update driver, select browse locally, let me choose from a list, uncheck show compatible drivers, search for acer, acer electronics, acr etc. and one of them will have the driver that you installed, select it and the device manager page will be updated along with the icc profile that comes with the zip file you downloaded.