Aspire 5 A515 - 54, touchpad doesn't work

LokePus
LokePus Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

My touchpad stopped working a few days ago. I have tried to disconnect all USB devices, remove from device manager, download and install new driver, set default BIOS settings. fn/f7, nothing has resolved the issue. Ideas anyone?

Answers

• Have you tried changing the touchpad function in uefi bios to basic?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LokePus

Tinkerer

As I wrote, yes.
  • You said you reset the bios to the default setting. However, I would like to know if there is a function called touchpad in bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LokePus

Tinkerer

No there's no touchpad settings in BIOS
  • Have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LokePus

Tinkerer

No, and I'm not going to. It's no way in the flames of hell that would solve a touchpad problem.
  • There is no problem resetting the battery. This will not damage the notebook.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LokePus

Tinkerer

I know, but there is absolutely no point. Besides, A515-54 - 50ZV doesn't have a reset hole.
  • I was checking the service manual and there really is no button to reset the battery. I would like to know if there are any drivers with device manager problems?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JonatanSantamaria
    JonatanSantamaria Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem, did you find a solution to it?? Because I have bought this laptop today and I'm going to change it for another one.
  • Have you tried pressing fn + f7?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vonmangle
    vonmangle Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same problem here after installing Windows 10. Model is A515-54-735N
    Tried BIOS update but no touchpad setting, fn+F7 doesn't work, all drivers updated and nothing. Touchpad does not appear on device manager.
  • HAVE YOU ALREADY TRIED TO REINSTALL WINDOWS, PRESSING ALT + F10 BEFORE ACER LOGO?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vonmangle
    vonmangle Member Posts: 2 New User
    Alt + F10 does nothing. What should happen?
    My computer didn't have windows installed originally, btw.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    I can not find the model A515-54-50ZV on the Acer website. Can you enter the first ten numbers of partnumber?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• eltiosanti
    eltiosanti Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same problem with a new computer. You must install the Serial IO driver (WinPE / WinRE) from the acer drivers page. Only with the touchpad drivers it doesn't work. You must install both of them.
  • Macone
    Macone Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Buenos dias, a mi me pasa lo mismo, lo recibi ayer le instale el windows10 con raton con cable y en configuracion no aparece el Touchpad. XFa si alguien lo ha solucionado que nos ilumine. Gracias
  • Pullit68
    Pullit68 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Eltiosanti is correct. Frustrated me for days until I found the solution. Download the IO driver, expand the .zip file to the hard drive, open an elevated (administrator) command prompt and run install.cmd from the extracted directory. Restart and should work now although you may still need to press F7 (or fn+F7),
  • Sandor84
    Sandor84 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2019
    I had the same problem with a new computer. You must install the Serial IO driver (WinPE / WinRE) from the acer drivers page. Only with the touchpad drivers it doesn't work. You must install both of them.

Thank you for posting this.  Your response helped me fix my issue.  Weird that it requires that driver!

Here is a link to all the drivers: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7972?b=1

• charlyred
    charlyred Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thank you very much for your help! I was desperate looking for the right answer for 3 days! And your instructions worked perfectly!