What is the difference between the CB242Y bir and the CB242Y bmirx?

xarcherdrum137
xarcherdrum137 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
What the title says.  These monitors have different prices but seemingly identical specs, what is different?  Do either have a DisplayPort connection?  Is there are way to interpret Acer part numbers to understand what "bir" and "bmirx" actually means?  Is there a support number that I can call to ask these questions to Acer customer support (I only see technical support which requires already owning a product)?  Thanks all for the help, this has been very frustrating.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@xarcherdrum137

Hi,

Please find the link to compare the details between the two monitors..

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/compare/UM.QB2AA.001-UM.QB2AA.002

While viewing the details on the link you can find a  button on the top left corner.   It is toggle button called "Differrent only".  You can click on it to find the comparison and difference.  

There are only two differrences between the two monitors
    All the other specifications remains the same..

The two differences are

Environmental Certification

RoHS
    TCO on on CB242Y bir

TCO on CB242Y bmirx

-----------------------------------------------

Technical Information

Video

Tearing Prevention Technology

AMD FreeSync™  on CB242Y bir

AMD FreeSync™ - DisplayPort VRR on CB242Y bmirx

The cost difference between the two monitors are also very less

If you find the details helpful click on "like"

If it resolves your issue click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• xarcherdrum137
    xarcherdrum137 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi mohan,

I apologize for leaving this out of my original post, but I have already looked at that and as far as I can tell the "differences" listed aren't actually different, just different ways of typing the same thing.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

While the bir does show a RoHS certification, the requires to be TCO certified are a superset of the RoHS certification requirements.  So any item that is TCO certified also meets RoHS requirements.  It just happens that it is not listed on the bmirx.

For the FreeSync differences, I also believe this is also a difference in wording, not a functional difference.  Neither monitor shows support for a DisplayPort connection, so the addition of "DisplayPort VRR" on the bmirx doesn't add anything.
  • tony77
    tony77 Member Posts: 2 New User
    CB242Y bmirx has  speakers meanwhile CB242Y bir has NO speakers, the newer 2020 product CB242Y Dbmiprcx has Display port