Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Ram compatibility - acer 7750g

vjeko1701vjeko1701 Posts: 15Member

Tinkerer

edited October 3 in Members Lounge
I am planning on upgrading my acer 7750g (with 4 ram slots) RAM. First I want to swap out the 2gb one with 4gb and down the line perhaps get two more for a total of 16gb. What I'm interested is if these are compatible, as far as I know they should be.

My RAM

Possible upgrades:

These are practically the same, except they are a bit newer (I don't know what exactly Korea01 and Korea04 stand for, I'm guessing just some internal marking in regards to the year of production or something)

Now these are a bit different, all the basic stats are the same, the only thing that has me slightly worried is the 9-10-F2 vs the 9-11-F3. I found out that marks the SPD and Gerber format but I didn't find out if having different versions of those on my RAM can cause any issues.

Comments

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,087ACE Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You can use those Hynix modules and don't worry about 9-10-F2 etc, they may be related to some kind of identification by Hynix, do you have 4 slots available in your model? Please check physically whether you have 4 slots available, if you have 4 slots, yes you can upgrade up to 16GB, manual states only two slots with maximum 8GB(2x4GB)
    Please read this thread for more information:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/459031/i-want-to-upgrade-ram-on-aspire-7750g
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • vjeko1701vjeko1701 Posts: 15Member

Tinkerer

Yeah, I had to replace the motherboard a while back and I got one with 4 physical slots. I tested all 4 and they work :)

Thank you for your response.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,087ACE Trailblazer
    You are welcome  :)
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.