Specs of the M.2 SSD slot for the VN7-572G-71ZY (NX.G7SEV.003)?

Options
sören_g
sören_g Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everybody!

So... there are so many -sometimes contradictory- information about the M.2 SSD slot of the VN7-572G series and I find it quite hard to get definitive answers. So here we go: does anybody have specs for the SSD M.2 slot of the VN7-572G-71ZY model? Rumors have it, that it "should" be PCIe 3.0 x4 supporting NVMe... I checked in hwinfo64 and at least see the PCIe3.0x4 bus... but who knows. I tried to find an official datasheet in vain. There are so many variants of the VN7-572 series...
Any information is appreciated! Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Sören

Answers

• sören_g
    sören_g Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi @brummyfan2 and thank you for your answer. I've also come across that post previously (and your answer there), but found confusing and contradicting information regarding the vn7-572 series, sometimes stating, that there is a PCIe3.0x4 connection supporting NVMe SSDs (also, when inspecting the PCIe bus in HWINFO64, I do see 3.0x4 lanes exist, following your comment in https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/563228/#Comment_563228)
    I find it ridiculous, that it's so hard to come by "official" information or some datasheet for acer products (not even mentioning the totally unresponsive Acer support... super frustrating). Of course I will accept your answer, even though it does not seem like a definitive answer or is linked to any "official" information or source regarding my model (other than that it seems like there is no one using NVMe SSDs so far...).
    Thank you for your help and the time you took to answer my question!
    Best regards,
    Sören

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,122 Trailblazer
    Options
    sören_g said:
    Hi @brummyfan2 and thank you for your answer. I've also come across that post previously (and your answer there), but found confusing and contradicting information regarding the vn7-572 series, sometimes stating, that there is a PCIe3.0x4 connection supporting NVMe SSDs (also, when inspecting the PCIe bus in HWINFO64, I do see 3.0x4 lanes exist, following your comment in https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/563228/#Comment_563228)
    I find it ridiculous, that it's so hard to come by "official" information or some datasheet for acer products (not even mentioning the totally unresponsive Acer support... super frustrating). Of course I will accept your answer, even though it does not seem like a definitive answer or is linked to any "official" information or source regarding my model (other than that it seems like there is no one using NVMe SSDs so far...).
    Thank you for your help and the time you took to answer my question!
    Best regards,
    Sören

Hi,
    You are welcome, yes you do have a PCIe 3.0x4 port but it's being used by the graphics card(NVIDIA).