My SF314-56G Stopped working

TatyNaty
TatyNaty Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi there. I need help/advice. My laptop stopped working. I own Acer swift 3 i5 mx 250 8gb ram for about two/three weeks. I wa siding some drawing in Adobe illustrator when it turned off by itself. (Prior to that, I did some light gaming and shows binging, laptop was turned on for about 10h, don’t know if it’s important, just saying.) laptop was plugged in, charged. While it turned off, the sound similar to muted (not sharp, but still pretty bearable) mouse click. Once or twice. The laptop can’t be turned on. Battery indicator doesn’t light( was still charging) and there is sound that comes of. I think it’s mechanical one. Sounds like heartbeat, double clicking. Kinda low on volume, still, has a constant beat of 5 sec. hope it’s not too chaotic. I am asking for advice. THhink it might be hardware.
i don’t know if it is at any use. I had, like week ago, an issue, don’t know still if it was sw or hw. Laptop couldn’t display any web browser the right way. I had a hard FPS drop in game (easy, not hard on specs game). ( At the time, there was something like Acer care center (an app, built in) don’t know exactly, l. And there is shown processor, ram and disc. (Hope Zoli know what I am talking about, since I don’t remember it clearly) I did clicked on disc for optimalization. The app wrote, that the disc is not in sinc/supported (it is a original one). To sum it up. I reinstalled the laptop and since then it worked. Don’t know if it is correlated.
thanks for any help

while writing this post. The laptop popped- bit loud (volume same as first sound) sound similar to popcorn pop, or like when your food pops in a microwave (excuse this analogies)- afterward, it completely stopped. No beating is coming out now. It’s silent. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    the clicking sound probably was from the HDD, this happens when the HDD has an hardware issue.
    the second loud pop can be the laptop turnin off after draining the battery.

i suggest you to contact Acer support service if you are still under warranty or take it to computer repair shop.
    I'm not an Acer employee.