Charger

Cindershelly85
Cindershelly85 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi I've lost my laptop Charger, is there any way of charging it ASAP to get a document off it, i have a charger on order but going to be a few days before it arrives 

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    edited October 2019
    Hi Cindershelly85
    Please visit https://store.acer.com/index.html and you can purchase charger from Acer.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Cindershelly85

Hi,

You can charge the laptop without the charger

Yes, and the easiest way to do it is with a universal adapter. Remember to always check the voltage, no matter the charging solution. If that doesn't suit you, charge your laptop from a car battery or use an external battery charger.

1. Use a universal adapter
    2. Car Battery
    3. Use an external laptop battery charger
    4. USB C charging

A universal adapter chargers come with multiple tips so it’s likely you’ll find one that will fit in your laptop’s charging port.

You can even buy individual tips separately. Some universal adapters even have the ability to charge your laptop from a car or from other 12V DC power points.

When plugged in, the adapter will not only power the laptop but charge it as well.

However, if put in the wrong way, tips can cause improper voltage and damage to your laptop.

An external laptop battery charger is a standalone device that doesn’t plug into your laptop. Instead, you remove the battery of your laptop, mount it on the charger, and then plug in the charger into an electrical outlet.

Note that external laptop chargers are usually brand specific, so choose one that matches your laptop’s specs.

The last solution,  is to use your phone to charge the laptop. Yes, you won’t get much of anything and yes, it won’t last too long, but in the urgent case when you need just 10 more minutes to save a document or send an email, this works.

You just need a phone with USB C and a USB C to USB C cable. Connect your phone and the laptop with the cable and in the USB options on your phone choose ‘supply power to the other connected device’. 

That’s it. Your phone should now, for a very limited time, charge your laptop.

While the methods described above might provide a solution for charging your laptop when you don’t have a charger, keep in mind that they cost money, and require an advance purchase.

In all cases, it is economical and safer to buy a laptop charger.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★