NVidia released in 092019 a driver that cancelled restriction for OpenGL to display 10 bit color

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: XB271HK and 10 bit color.

Comments

• DenisDG
    DenisDG Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi all. The last comment  in this thread was 3 years ago, but... it happened! NVidia released in Sep 2019 a driver (Studio) that cancelled restriction for OpenGL to display 10 bit color with non-Quadro videocards in window (not-a-fullscreen) mode. 
    So, I should mark that previous post made 3 years ago by pindol contains one little error: it's not matters if display has true-really-expensive matrix with 10-bit color depth or FRC is used. In order to use FRC display still needs to receive all 10 bits per channel for each bit from videocard.
    Acer Predator XB271HK (my current display and, also, the hero of this thread) announced as display with 10-bit color matrix. However, Windows 10 somehow detects this display as 8 bits color only and I can't turn on 10 bits color depth for my Acer.
    I suspect the driver: it was released only once, early in 2015, and supports only Windows 8.
    Dear Acer! Please release a correct driver for Windows 10 x64 for Acer Predator XB271HK with correct 10 bit color announcement. I can't set this color depth :(
  • DenisDG

Tinkerer

Options
    And one little remark: I was able to set 10 bit color in Windows 7, but can't in Windows 10 now.
  • DenisDG

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry, in my previous post I made a mistake: 10-bits color I set up on my old Viewsonic VP-series display, not on Acer's one.
  • DenisDG

Tinkerer

Options