I have acer swift 3 314-55g model the right hinge is making crackling sound

Options
omkar29
omkar29 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
it makes sound while opening and closing and in the past week or so even while moving the lid it was making sound like a lot and it was bothering me because it was abnormal 
just now i don't know how it stopped making sound completely even while opening and closing but now again i am noticing the sound while opening "it usually happens if  a bit of pressure is applied like if i put it in the back or if i pick it up and like i am purposely applying pressure or anything just normal" and something i noticed 

this is the left hinge 

and this is the left where the the problem is :/
is this abnormal ?
plz help 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    Stop applying pressure like that! The hinges are the most stressed part of a laptop just from normal open and closing of the lid. The lids should not be excessively opened & closed, even if only gently. And certainly not by applying extra pressure or the hinge will break. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• omkar29
    Options
    no i am not applying any extra pressure and i am only opening and closing lid gently , i was talking about the normal pressure when carrying laptop in the backpack or just carrying the laptop buy hand and which every laptop should handle that. my question is, is this a problem with my unit i bet it is because i have taken care of my laptop not applied any extra pressure, it's a new laptop i just bought it a month ago and i am facing this problem 
    every other thing about the laptop is great i have also posted pictures where you can clearly see the difference between the left and right hinge there's something wrong with the right hinge for sure.   
    not sure if just some lubricating is required or there's something more to be done 
    if there is problem it should be covered in the warranty 
  • omkar29
    Options
    JackE said:
    Stop applying pressure like that! The hinges are the most stressed part of a laptop just from normal open and closing of the lid. The lids should not be excessively opened & closed, even if only gently. And certainly not by applying extra pressure or the hinge will break. Jack E/NJ  
    no i am not applying any extra pressure and i am only opening and closing lid gently , i was talking about the normal pressure when carrying laptop in the backpack or just carrying the laptop buy hand and which every laptop should handle that. my question is, is this a problem with my unit i bet it is because i have taken care of my laptop not applied any extra pressure, it's a new laptop i just bought it a month ago and i am facing this problem 
    every other thing about the laptop is great i have also posted pictures where you can clearly see the difference between the left and right hinge there's something wrong with the right hinge for sure.   
    not sure if just some lubricating is required or there's something more to be done 
    if there is problem it should be covered in the warranty 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    You should arrange for possible warranty repair at this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ