Acer tablet wont charge /loose socket made worse by 2nd cord sent from acer

fryreyesonly
fryreyesonly Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
The Acer Iconia One 10 A-5008 from the start seemed not as other devices when trying to get it to charge - the cord was loose inside the socket - it moved around -it would charge off and on- Acer USA sent a different cord that was stiff hard to plug into the tablet = it made the socket worse. It was pretty disappointing to see the wires loose from the cord end that goes into the Acer to charge it. The back of the Acer seemed to get very warm - it was noticed when it was touching skin to be very hot. It was hardy used -it's so disappointing. What do I do with it- is it possible to get it fixed. I couldn't send it to acer when they said to send it in - due to health problems. Did other acer tablets become really warm -felt hot when touching skin. Did the frame appear to separate near the socket for charging? It's disappointing that it's now not even charging off and on. Any suggestions on what to do with it would be very appreciated - it was babied from the beginning. Screen protection etc. I didn't get to see/use or learn all the functions it has. Is it fixable or is it just going to become loose again- the cord seemed to go in upside down. That's all for now -Acer said 80.00 to get them to fix it + even more disappointing -there's a file with h.o. Acer USA indicating that the Acer tablet sold to me from a store had problems. No warranty now -but it was the 2nd very stiff cord that seemed to really mess with the socket. OK That's all for now -have a nice day everyone. Jen