Acer Aspire E5-573 - Constant Battery Reset

medcrazed
medcrazed Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi. I have an aspire E-5-573.   Every time i shut this laptop down i have to do the battery reset maneuver. i actually carry a paper clip everywhere i go! The battery charges and hold a charge quite well. it will run on the battery for a considerable period. I have no other problems with it. i have restored the bios to factory and tried re-installing windows 10. the only close relief from not having to do a battery reset it is after i have taken the laptop apart removed the battery and started up on charger only. would have to do a battery reset on vary rare occasions that way.
If anyone has actually experienced this problem and found a working solution i would appreciate the feedback. thank you in advance.

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>i have restored the bios to factory and tried re-installing windows 10. >>>

(1) What problem were you having with the original factory BIOS firmware that you thought an update would fix?

(2) Did you re-install a generic Microsoft Win10 version (eg 1903, 1809 etc) or the original ACER factory Win10 version on the hidden partition?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• shiladitya91
    shiladitya91 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I am facing the same issue. I have tried changing original Acer battery but the problem remain there. now the paperclip unable to reset it. I have to unplug the battery then plug it then only i am able to start my laptop.It is the problem of motherboard. I have the last Bios version installed.
  • JOHNLARS
    JOHNLARS Member Posts: 1 New User
    FRANKLY, I  HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. AFTER TURNING MY ACER ASPIRE OFF, I CAN NO LONGER USE IT, NEED TO RESET THE BATTERY AGAIN.
    ANY SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM.?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    An ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ